Friday, June 19, 2009

Super married, noodles and the moon

Victor told me today that "super married" people usually eat spaghetti together and end up kissing each other. But only if they are "super married." Of course, while I am trying to make sense of this statement with him, I am picturing the Lady and the Tramp in my head.....

But then again, I am a girl. Victor had something else in mind.....



He was talking about a Pucca episode he had watched earlier. I don't even like this cartoon...my head hurts when I try to make sense of it and it's beyond me why my kids enjoy it at all. Well, the story goes something like "the lady and the tramp" (figures!) but they eat noodles, not spaghetti. Then there is the thing about the "super married" as opposed as to just "normal married" and it has to do with the full moon. Victor made sure to tell me not to worry, I was not super married to dad, we were just "normal married" but this is BETTER! See, we have not been affected by the full moon at all and that's a positive.....this is the funny stuff I would have probably missed if I would be in a office from 9-5; I find it hard to believe that I would have given Victor the time of day with some crazy story about the moon, noodles and married people. There you have it, the conversations at lunch time with the kids are just priceless to me. I might have missed their first steps, their first smile and many "firsts" but life has given me another chance at it and I am now appreciating what it brings along.

I will be sure to let Raci know not to worry about the moon affecting our marriage and making it a "super" one - we are just normal married and that's just fine....


The good news is that we don't need to eat noodles for kissing!

No comments: